How to starch jeans is one of the most frequently asked questions by online shoppers worldwide, and it’s not hard to see why. The right pair of jeans can make you look amazing, but without the proper starch, they can make you look older than you are or downright frumpy.
Fortunately, it’s easy to figure out how to starch jeans correctly, whether you’re using commercial or homemade products. So, if you want to learn how to starch your denim just like the pros, do read on!
There are a few different methods to starch jeans, and they all have their benefits. Hopefully, you’ll be able to find the one that works best for you and your needs. No matter which method you choose, it’s important to note that you’ll want to iron your jeans inside out to protect the fabric and ensure that the iron doesn’t exceed recommended temperatures. And, of course, don’t forget to hang your jeans to avoid creasing the fabric!
How Do Professionals Starch Jeans
Professional dry cleaners use various products to get their customers’ denim looking sharp. Depending on the quality and weight of the fabric, they might use a spray-on starch or liquid starch in either powder form or liquid form.
Starch is used in both cases because it helps give jeans that crisp, clean look you see on fashion models and movie stars. When you have jeans that are stiff enough, they can even stand up on their own! You must know the following two things if you want to starch your jeans professionally.
- First, always remember to wash clothes before you starch them. So all the grease stains or mud marks are evident. If your jeans aren’t clean when you start starching them, it won’t matter how much effort you put into them; your clothes will still look messy and wrinkled.
- Second, start with a small amount of starch and work your way up if necessary; too much starch will cause your clothes to wrinkle uncontrollably! It may take some practice before starching your jeans correctly, but once you do it right, you’ll never go back!
How to Starch Jeans at Home
Homemade starching solutions are great for those who want an eco-friendly option or one that saves them money over commercial products. They can also be suitable for those just beginning to learn how to starch their jeans.
If you’re looking for a fast way to get that crisp look that movie stars have all the time, this is what you need! There are many commercial products in the market that you can use specifically for starching denim; these products are there to help jeans become stiffer and smoother than anything else on the market. They’re also safe for all fabrics and easy to apply!
- First, you need to turn your jeans inside out.
- Next, spray the product directly onto the denim—work from the bottom of the jeans up to avoid having any excess go on your skin.
- Once you’ve sprayed all areas of the pants, let them dry for about 15 minutes before putting them on.
If you need an even stiffer fabric, repeat these steps! You can also try spraying a commercial fabric spray onto your jeans if you want an even more crisp look; it works great for giving jeans that worn-in look that’s popular with some people these days!
When you make your solution at home, you can use a much smaller amount of starch than if you were using a commercial product.
- Mix your starch with hot water in the ratio of 1 tablespoon of starch per cup of water.
- You can also add a few drops of liquid dishwashing soap to help the solution clean your clothes as it stiffens them.
- Once your mixture is ready, soak your jeans in it for at least 10 minutes before wringing them out and hanging them up to dry.
- Let them soak for an hour or more; this will give the solution time to work its magic on the fabric, making it crisper and stiffer than ever!
This is a great way to make your denim stiffer without using any harsh chemicals or potentially dangerous commercial products! Vinegar is made from all-natural ingredients; it’s safe for everyone and is often used as a cleaning agent in homes worldwide!
- Start by filling a spray bottle with one part vinegar and about two parts water.
- Next, spray the fabric of your jeans with this solution.
- If you want to add more stiffness to your denim, use a commercial product such as Spray Starch rather than vinegar.
- However, if you’re looking for a natural method that’s easy on the environment, vinegar is your best bet!
Salt is an excellent ingredient for making clothes stiffer; it helps keep them in place and prevents wrinkles from forming while they’re being worn!
- Mix one cup of salt with two cups of boiling water.
- Next, soak your jeans in this mixture for 10 minutes before washing them, usually in the washing machine.
- Be sure to rinse them well before drying!
- This method is also great for stiffening denim that has been pre-washed by the manufacturer; make sure you rinse them well after soaking so that they don’t get stained!
To Wrap Up
Starch jeans can help you achieve that perfect, crisp look for your denim which boosts your confidence, no matter what wash or style you’re looking for! While buying commercial products that will do the trick is possible, there are a few easy ways to stiffen up your denim at home. Whether you use the spray bottle method or a salt and water solution, your jeans will be ready for a night out or some birthday party at home in no time!