Brand Management: Make Sure You Are Recognized Globally
18 Oct 2016
When putting up a business, you need to have a unique identity that sets you apart from the competition. When tapping a potential market for your products and services, you would probably like your brand to be the first thing that would come to the minds of your prospects is your brand.
This is how brand management is very important. However, this process involves something much more than the company name, logo, merchandise, and design. In this article, we will discuss how to use brand management to ensure global recognition of your company.
Brand management defined:
Brand management is the process by which a company sustains its brand. This includes clearly defining the brand, positioning and delivering the brand value continuously.
Proper branding is required to create customer commitment to your business. This allows you to have an edge over your competitors as they are able to see what sets your company apart from the rest. Effective brand management turns casual buyers into loyal customers.
Components of brand management:
Brand management is composed of both visual and intangible characteristics, which include the following: product, pricing, packaging, availability, emotional connection, and expectations for your products and services. This also involves creating the right marketing campaign to create and strengthen your identity. If things are done correctly, the business has the potential to enjoy better brand loyalty by its target clients.
Creating your brand:
In creating a brand, it should be done in such a way that it clearly identifies to you, and this involves the following:
- Create a product or service that is highly distinctive from your competitors.
- Clearly state what your customers would get from your brand.
- Initiate instant identification or recognition with customers and prospects.
- Develop your skills and abilities.
- Make marketing campaigns part of your everyday tasks so that people would know more about you and lead to better brand recall.
A good brand management process leads your customers to instantly recognize your business, the products or services that you offer, and your company’s standing against the competition. You need to consistently live up to the brand that you want your customers to capture.
Causes of brand failure, and how to prevent it:
If a company becomes too complacent in building and maintaining their brand, there’s a big chance that customers may lose interest and trust. Poor brand management may lead to financial losses and even to the point of closing down the company.
Here are suggestions to prevent brand failure:
- If you want your business to operate locally, you must make your campaign easily understood by local customers. This involves communicating with them through their native language, and hiring people who can talk to them on a local perspective.
- Business planning and brand planning should be linked.
- Maintain the product or service quality.
- Never increase the cost of your product or service at a rate greater than the inflation rate.
- Apply the latest innovation that can best support and sustain the image of the company.
- Make use of a catchy brand name and slogan that would always stick to the consumer’s mind.
The success of your business relies entirely on how you present it to your consumers, as well as how you can maintain your identity and product quality. By using the right brand management techniques, you should be on your way to global recognition.
Featured image by pixabay